Bilbo Baggins lives a quiet, peaceful life in his comfortable hole at Bag End. He is quite content at Bag End, but one day his comfort is shattered by the arrival of the old wizard Gandalf, who persuades Bilbo to set out on an adventure with a group of thirteen dwarves. The dwarves are embarking on a great quest to reclaim their treasure from the marauding dragon Smaug, and Bilbo is to act as their “burglar.” The dwarves are very sceptical about Gandalf’s choice for a burglar, and Bilbo is terrified to leave his comfortable life to seek adventure. But Gandalf assures both Bilbo and the dwarves that there is more to the little hobbit than meets the eye.
The Hobbit details their adventures and everything that happens to them on their journey. Trolls, Goblins, Shape-changing men, Elves and a special ring are just a few things that Gandalf, Bilbo and the dwarves encounter on their turbulent journey!
Filmed at various locations including:
- Caves & Mountains in The Peak District, Derbyshire
- Tattershall Castle, Lincolnshire.
- Anglo Saxon Village, Stow, Suffolk.
- Ashridge Forest, nr Berkhampstead, Hertfordshire.
- Chiswick House Gardens, Chiswick, London.
Filming - facts
- Filming took place over 16 full days, in many different locations.
- 69 actors were involved over the period of filming.
- The dragon Smaug is voiced by Lawrence Trowbride, Lead Ranger at Ashridge Estate.
- The film will be 90 minutes in length.
- There were 5 makeup artists on set for most filming days.
- The 13 dwarves took 2 hours to be made up each day before any filming could be started.
- The film is made up of 108 scenes.
- The production crew has been made up only of only 4 people.
- We believe we are the first prep school in the UK to make a full length feature film.
Monday 17th September – 6.00pm start
Tuesday 18th September – 7.45pm start
Wednesday 19th September – 7.45pm start
Thursday 20th September – 7.45pm start